Sunday, April 22, 2012

Patchy Pillow

It's been a long time since I've put together a pillow. In fact, the last time I remember making one was when I was in grade school with the help of my mom. We had just gotten back from a family vacation to Shipshewana, Indiana where we went into many Amish fabric stores. That's probably when I really got the fabric/sewing bug. I think we made 12 pillows for my little twin-sized bed! (And I still have them!)


So, I had a few scraps left over from my jelly roll 9-patch quilt and figured I'd make them into a quick throw pillow for my brother- and sister-in-law. It just so happens that their apartment decor is yellow and gray, so it works out perfectly. Plus - if they don't like it they can give it away to someone else or throw it in a corner. :) It only took about 30 minutes to put together (once I got my math right on the borders and backing). And since I already had all of the fabric lying around, I'm not out one extra dollar for this project! I even had a pillow insert that was just stuffed in my closet looking lonely! The envelope backing was super quick and easy and it means they'll be able to wash the pillow cover if it gets anything spilled on it. I have plenty of pillows on my couch right now that I can't do this with, so now I'm contemplating making covers for all of those too! That will be a project for a day much farther in the future.

I know I should have ironed this pillow before I took pictures of it... but I didn't. It's probably going to be crammed into a little box to be mailed off to them, so it's bound to get some wrinkles! Anyway, just thought I would share since it's my only sewn finish of this week. I have also finished my blue/brown knit scarf and I made a knit dishcloth for my mother with a subtle butterfly design on it. Neither are too special, but maybe once I have a few more of those done I'll do a post of those knitted projects as well. Until next time - happy crafting!

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop! Whoop! finish. :) Check out the rest of the great projects and the fabulous quilt her friend made! Also linking up to Quilt Story so check out all of those awesome fabric stories as well!

1 comment:

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...