Monday, April 9, 2012

Strawberry Mango Soup

Have you ever been on a cruise and been in awe of the fancy, exotic sounding fruit soups they serve? Well, I have, and I was bound and determined to make one of my own. And...I've been successful! It actually was really, really simple. Here's what you need to do:

Ingredients
1lb box of fresh strawberries
1 large mango
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup ginger ale

Directions
1) Cut strawberries and mango into small chunks and place in a large food processor. Add sugar and orange juice.
2) Blend on high until all fruit bits have been incorporated and mixture is smooth.
3) Add ginger ale to fruit mixture. (This will cause the mixture to foam a bit, so make sure there is room in the food processor bowl for the mixture to expand.)
4) Divide into bowls and serve.
*Optional garnishes: mint leaves, basil leaves, sliced/fanned strawberry
**Steps 1 and 2 can be done the day before or a couple hours in advance. Only add the ginger ale once you are ready to serve the soup.

This recipe also makes a great smoothie! Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I omitted the gingerale and added a little OJ and cucumber and turned this into a fruit gazpacho. very tasty

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...