Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quilt Along Blocks

Hello everyone! I've managed to get some sewing done over the past few days, so I thought I'd show it off. :)

My mom and I have been following along with the Quilty Barn Along over at Bee in My Bonnet. She's done a better job of keeping up to date, but I finally managed to get caught up. I had 2 blocks to make which meant I was a month behind! The next block comes out next week Wednesday so I'll try to stay on top of it.

Here's the second block, the farm fresh flower. My points aren't perfect in this one so don't look too closely!


Here's the third block, the postage stamp. This one was really fast to put together because I had some 1.5 inch pieces left over from making the Super Mario quilt.


So far I like how these are coming together. The host has also added a border around each of her blocks, but I'm not sure I'm ready for doing that yet. I need to decide what color I want that to be since I made my backgrounds different colors. I could frame each one out in black or white I suppose. Maybe I'll wait and see what the layout looks like before I make a decision. She should be releasing that in the next couple of posts.


Lastly, would you like to see what the Easter Chicken brought me for Easter? (Yes, I said the Easter Chicken. That's what my mom calls herself when she gives us Easter baskets. ;) She's so cute!)

The Easter Chicken really out-did herself this year. She made me 4 oven mitts and an Easter table runner, and gave me chocolate themed fabric for an apron we are making together next weekend, a huge container of gluten free, blueberry-banana muffins, a package to make gluten free brownies, and a huge bucket of fresh fruit. Not to mention she also gave me a bunch of fabric that I can use to start making the charity quilt I've signed up for. Talk about a busy woman this Easter!

So, did the Easter Chicken bring you anything special this Easter?


2 comments:

  1. Your barns are looking spectacular and your Easter loot looks like a quilter's haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing what you do with the barns.
    Lovely easter basket

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...