Anyway, here's how it turned out:
I really, really loved this quilt. It was so soft, probably the softest quilt I've ever made. I think it was because the pieces were really large so there weren't that many seams to make the quilt stiffer.
I backed the quilt with an orange floral print. I love the juxtaposition of the orange and blue. It's one of my favorite color combinations. The orange binding gives you just a pop of that complimentary color on the front and then nicely frames the back. I really love it and am kinda sad it won't be staying with me.
I did straight line quilting on the whole quilt. It was a pretty easy quilt job compared to some other free motion stuff I've done. Other than working through the night, it was very relaxing.
I didn't want to put a fabric label on the quilt since I'm not sure who will bid on it and actually end up with it. They might not even know who I am since I don't know everyone at the school (in case you missed it before, I'm donating the quilt to a silent auction where the proceeds go toward our church's grade school). So, I made a little paper tag instead and pinned it to the quilt.
Anyway, I love how it turned out and I hope it makes it's way to someone else's house that will love it just as much. Now to plan my next charity quilt...